Saturday, November 13, 2010

Wages in 1920-21

Barkley Rosser recently reported Conference Board statistics on rising wages in the 1920-21 depression. Needless to say, I'm quite perplexed and intrigued - I found falling wages in three different time series that I looked at. I didn't have the Conference Board wage statistics, although I do happen to own the Conference Board's volume on prices which I did use in the paper... curious... need to investigate.

By the way - I'm continuing to collect tid-bits about 1920-21, so if you see something interesting, pass it along. I ain't done with this one yet.

1 comment:

  1. This recession also interests me.
    For my analysis, see here:

    http://socialdemocracy21stcentury.blogspot.com/2010/10/us-recession-of-19201921-some.html

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.