Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! We're off to a late start here. We were up late last night - after a day trip to Santa Fe, we went to the San Felipe pueblo outside Albuquerque. My mother-in-law's boyfriend is a good friend of an artist in the pueblo, and he invited us out there for the dances. We went to a mass at the church, which was followed by a lot of ceremonial dancing (which are going to continue to go on for the next four days). Afterwards we went to the artist's place for some feasting - till about 2:30 in the morning, and didn't get back to the house until 4. That's another thing they'll be doing for the next four days, apparently - lots and lots of eating. Very good stuff. I like all the chiles out here, and lots of traditional Christmas food too.

I hope everyone has a merry Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too, Daniel Kuehn!

    Speaking of Santa Fe, would you visit the Santa Fe Institute? Complexity science economists have worked with econophysicists before. The American author Cormac McCarthy apparently hangs out there too.

    Also, out of curiosity, do you use a laptop or a desktop? I use a laptop frequently thanks to my undergraduate days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Blue Aurora, I was thinking of the Santa Fe Institute as we were driving in, but didn't think of it ahead of time enough to check out where it was. I'm sure nothing would have been going on there on Christmas Eve anyway. We went to a lot of art and carving places yesterday. The artist that I mentioned in the post carves stone fetishes (usually of animals) - mostly a Zuni practice around here. My mother-in-law's boyfriend collects them. I ended up getting one in Santa Fe - a nice fish. So lots of neat stuff to see, but no Santa Fe Institute. They do really fantastic work there, though.

    I have a laptop - haven't had a desktop since my undergrad days. Using a borrowed laptop here, though. We were lugging too much crap to make it worth bringing mine.

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.