Friday, July 13, 2012

Second day of Georgetown roundtable today

The first day went well. There was a lot of agreement on the labor shortages justification, which was good (although some of that is a function of the conference organizers). Hal did a great job presenting our petroleum engineering work. I made a lot of comments that were well received in the morning, but I got into a little bit of an argument over some visa design issues in the afternoon. It gave me lots to think about and I met a few new people.

At dinner I sat across from Bruce Morrison, a former Democratic Congressman from Connecticut, who was involved in passing a lot of the existing immigration legislation - so I got to pick his brain on a few things. He had some very insightful things to say during the discussion.

I know that's all vague, but the talk was not for attribution - but a good conference so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.